[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38315: Implement a new Highlight button in tiny MCE using the semantic <mark> html tag

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 20 14:18:06 UTC 2016

#38315: Implement a new Highlight button in tiny MCE using the semantic <mark> html
tag
-----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  hugobaeta              |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by samuelsidler):

 I'm all for semantic markup, but removing underline seems like it could be
 contentious. Have we done any research to know how often that button gets
 used? Do we know that users would prefer (or even ''accept'') "highlight"
 instead of "underline"? A better path might be to add the highlight button
 this release and see what adoption looks like before removing the
 underline button.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38315#comment:17>