[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38370: Customizer: Theme install and preview is still available on a single site in a MS setup and throws JS error when attempting to install

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 19 21:35:03 UTC 2016

#38370: Customizer: Theme install and preview is still available on a single site
in a MS setup and throws JS error when attempting to install
--------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  iamfriendly   |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by iamfriendly):

 I don't think I'm fully clear on what the expected behaviour is here.

 38370.diff removes the search, filter, popular, and latest entires from
 the sidebar in the customizer on multisite. However, the 'Feature Filter'
 and 'Favourites' still appear. So if I filter any then I still see a list
 of themes from .org to 'Install and Preview' - and I _only_ have
 twentyfifteen install on this multisite. That doesn't seem right. (Should
 it be filtering from the themes that I have installed and active for the
 current site?)

 Additionally, the 'Favourites' doesn't seem to work (I have favourited
 twentysixteen on .org and it doesn't appear when I type in my .org
 username). I receive a "No themes found. Try a different search." message.

 Finally with this patch, when clicking the 'Change' button next to 'Active
 Theme' from the main customizer page, I now get `customize-
 controls.js?ver=4.7-alpha-38178-src:2112 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read
 property 'expand' of undefined(…)` in the console and I'm unable to click
 the 'back' arrow next to the 'You are Browsing: Themes' control title.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38370#comment:3>