[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38315: Implement a new Highlight button in tiny MCE using the semantic <mark> html tag

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 16 18:45:35 UTC 2016

#38315: Implement a new Highlight button in tiny MCE using the semantic <mark> html
tag
-----------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  hugobaeta              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new
Changes (by hugobaeta):

 * keywords:  needs-screenshots ui-feedback has-patch => ui-feedback has-
               patch

Comment:

 Thanks for the patch @azaozz - I've been fiddling around with a proper
 icon for this, and boiled it down to three options. I'd love to get some
 feedback from @empireoflight and @melchoyce on this - I'm not an icon
 designer (I'm reminded of that harsh reality every time I try to make
 one... It's so hard!!), so your input is essential here :)

 [Here's the `.ai` file I created with these options.](https://cloudup.com
 /c3gq-1Ewx7j) (it has 3 separate artboards with each icon, and the preview
 mockup)

 A preview of normal, hover, and active states:

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/-DNTIYPsJC.png)]]

 I've done some research on "highlight" icons, and these three approaches
 seemed like the ones that made most sense to me. I'm having a hard time
 making a decision, maybe the third is the clearest on what happens when
 you click it... but the other two are valid - more abstract - approaches.

 Let me know what you think and what the next sep would be here!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38315#comment:3>