[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding controls (desktop and mobile)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 13 18:20:59 UTC 2016

#27403: Improve UI for linking areas of Customizer preview to corresponding
controls (desktop and mobile)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 I think the solid-colored (blue) icons are probably better cross-theme and
 in terms of ensuring they're noticed. Themes can be encouraged to tweak
 this color as needed but keep the general style from core.

 Per the design chat we're thinking about a click (anywhere on the page) to
 toggle the icons on and off approach. We'll probably also need a hidden
 toggle for keyboard users to trigger this with an actual button.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27403#comment:65>