[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38247: Use `is_main_site()` to determine whether to redirect network/user admin requests

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 12 01:31:27 UTC 2016

#38247: Use `is_main_site()` to determine whether to redirect network/user admin
requests
--------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  flixos90            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  closed
Changes (by jeremyfelt):

 * keywords:  has-patch 2nd-opinion => has-patch
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 This used to be `is_main_site()` until [17510], which fixed #16652 with
 the decision: "Anchor network and user admins at the network domain and
 path rather than at the main site."

 `is_main_site()` uses the `blog_id` property of the current network object
 while the network admin URL is generated using the network object's domain
 and path. The main site of a network can exist at a different domain and
 path from the network site URL.

 I see the temptation in switching, but I think we need to stick with
 current behavior.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38247#comment:2>