[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 3 19:21:24 UTC 2016

#37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots needs-testing has-     |  javascript
  user-testing ux-feedback           |

Comment (by karmatosed):

 I've just done a review and would like to pass on some feedback as I
 walked through. The good news is that during the review, the flow more or
 less works. For this purpose, I used only on desktop. I will do device
 testing during this week.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/oVd0JvZmKq.png, 100%)]]

 - I wonder if in the above you should be able to click the search icon? It
 feels weird to just be there unable to interact.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/NVU2mUjz6w.png, 100%)]]

 - I found it weird to not be able to close the open filtering. It would be
 great to maybe consider adding this interaction.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/VY5lJM_HNs.png, 100%)]]

 - This section feels like there are some formatting issues with the
 background. Maybe add some spacing too?

 - I'm not sure about the checkmark for installed. It feels weird to get
 checks for that and then featured. I'm a little confused as the check
 seems diluted as a result. Maybe we can see this more in testing. Just
 noting as a possible pain point.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/BL5bFd2B7x.png, 100%)]]

 - It doesn't seem to show the preview theme name when you click it, see
 above.

 - 'Browse all WordPress.org themes' makes me think perhaps better wording
 would be 'Browse all themes on WordPress.org'? I note this isn't on the
 wp-admin themes section and seems natural without it.

 - Do we need to have install / install and preview? It feels really clumsy
 and wp-admin shows install / preview which feels more natural.

 - On using both flows (wp-admin and new one), I begun to think if we need
 the blue checkmark or not? I sort of feel it works better without.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/gHzS-Daiaq.png, 100%)]]

 - It seems weird to get loading for both of these above.

 - The filtering feels super clumsy, I wonder if there is anyway we can do
 sub-sectioning open/close? We end up with these giant scrolling sections
 like this:

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/NI-2DrP4Mz.png, 100%)]]

 - It seems a little odd that you can click the 'installed'. It's only one
 and clicking doesn't do anything.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/bj06E-Ud1F.png, 100%)]]

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37661#comment:68>