[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23328: While editing widgets in accessibility mode the position can be indicated by widget titles instead of numbers

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 2 17:15:45 UTC 2016

#23328: While editing widgets in accessibility mode the position can be indicated
by widget titles instead of numbers
 Reporter:  mark-k                   |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots dev-feedback needs-    |  administration
  refresh                            |

Comment (by afercia):

 In addition to some coding standards, there are some edge cases to check.
 While testing a bit, noticed there are cases where you can get more than
 one available empty position, see in the screenshot below:

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/QJBxNVcVSs.png)]]

 It seems to me this happens because some registered widgets have a hyphen
 in their name, for example `recent-comments-1`, `recent-posts-1` so the
 patch fails when trying to get the widgets base id. I guess this is the
 reason why a few line below the base id is built first exploding in
 "pieces" the widget id and then re-adding the pieces together after
 removing the last piece.

 Noticed also some widgets "disappearing" from their sidebar box, I guess
 because of the same issue, but I'd greatly appreciate some more eyes on
 the patch :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23328#comment:15>