[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38962: REST API: Don't delete posts/links when deleting/removing a user from a site in a multisite install

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 30 22:49:10 UTC 2016

#38962: REST API: Don't delete posts/links when deleting/removing a user from a
site in a multisite install
------------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  ocean90                       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  new

Comment (by jeremyfelt):

 (props @ocean90).

 The tests assert the new error code rather than skipping entirely so that
 they break when we do add the functionality for multisite.

 The error message itself isn't descriptive, but I copied from elsewhere to
 avoid a new string.

 > What should be passed as `reassign` to delete content instead? Right now
 we only rely on passing the fallback `null` to `wp_delete_user()`.

 We discussed just passing `null` in Slack, but because `reassign` is set
 as type `integer`, that results in an invalid parameter. Unless I'm
 missing something, which is definitely possible.

 Can we use `0` or `-1`? Should there be another parameter to delete
 content separate from `reassign`?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38962#comment:10>