[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38775: Left double quote (“) character displays poorly in italic versions of Libre-Franklin font

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 14 15:40:05 UTC 2016

#38775: Left double quote (“) character displays poorly in italic versions of
Libre-Franklin font
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  colin301       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by laurelfulford):

 Nice catch, @colin301!

 I'm able to recreate this issue with the font, both in Google Fonts and in
 Twenty Seventeen.

 Unfortunately, it's not something we can fix on the theme level without
 replacing the entire font. This is a big change to make this close to RC,
 both in the code and design - I'm worried it could introduce new issues.
 @melchoyce - what are your thoughts on this?

 Libre Franklin also has its own GitHub repo - this would be good to report
 there, so the issue is on record and can be fixed in the font:
 https://github.com/impallari/Libre-Franklin

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38775#comment:1>