[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37997: Increase in function calls to get_locale() because of _load_textdomain_just_in_time()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 11 23:50:59 UTC 2016

#37997: Increase in function calls to get_locale() because of
_load_textdomain_just_in_time()
 Reporter:  sharkomatic                          |       Owner:  ocean90
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by jrf):

 @ocean90

 > I'm not really a fan of static variables

 Well, the alternatives would be a global variable (Yikes!) or a class
 property, but that would require refactoring the text domain loading to a
 class...

 The refactoring to a class might actually be a much better way forward in
 the long run, but is not really a feasibly option for now if this is to
 make it into 4.7.

 > The function needs probably some sort of a $reset argument to make it
 testable and compatible with the new locale switching functions.

 I see your point. In that case, I'd suggest splitting it into two
 functions, one (internal use) which does the actually checking and one
 which keeps track of the static and can reset it.

 > @jrf Can you work on a patch?

 I can work on a patch, but I have limited time at the moment. What
 timeframe are you looking for ?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37997#comment:23>