[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38707: Customizer: Additional CSS highlight, revisions, selection, per-page, pop-out

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 10 03:48:12 UTC 2016

#38707: Customizer: Additional CSS highlight, revisions, selection, per-page, pop-
out
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  folletto     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by folletto):

 I'm not sure, even these seem risky to preserve on a theme change: what if
 the theme is overriding input fields with flexbox or different widths or
 margins? What if the inlining breaks entirely the forms?

 I think the kind of user that would make use of this UI — which is surely
 more experienced than others, but also likely not a fully experienced
 person — might get confused if they enabled a theme straight off and it
 looks "broken" due to some old lingering CSS they forgot about. That would
 trigger support emails to the theme author when it's really not the case.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38707#comment:4>