[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 10 03:13:11 UTC 2016

#37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  reopened
  screenshots needs-testing has-     |  javascript
  user-testing has-ux-feedback       |

Comment (by helen):

 ENOUGH. It is difficult as it is for people to find the time and patience
 to develop and test features to the point where they can be included, and
 further to make the time and put effort into communicating on all fronts.
 Add this kind of soul-sucking attack and it's no wonder people don't
 bother coming around and participating.

 I generally don't buy into in "X is suffering because time is spent on Y
 instead" but I can assure you that were people to help test the things on
 which so much time is spent lamenting, we'd been in a lot better shape
 across the entirety of WordPress core. I deeply appreciate everybody's
 defense here, and any further personal attacks will lead to that author's
 comments being auto-moderated '''at best'''.

 I can accept that I could have put more time and effort into figuring out
 how to couch this, but I don't see that the technical outcome would have
 been any different and I'm certainly not going to add something I consider
 not-quite-baked back into software we're shipping to 27% of the web
 because you're being disrespectful.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37661#comment:136>