[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 3 20:44:38 UTC 2016

#37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  reopened
  screenshots needs-testing has-     |  javascript
  user-testing has-ux-feedback       |

Comment (by Ipstenu):

 Retesting while hungover has been a very odd experience.

 I too have the filter/accordion issue.

 The feature filter seems like it's meant to be a part of the other
 options. Like I should be able to filter themes I have installed that are
 one-column, or see the latest themes that are blue.

 > If you have marked themes as favorites on WordPress.org, you can browse
 them here.

 > Your WordPress.org username:

 It might be nice if that defaulted to my logged in username (most of us do
 this I suspect...) but I can also see that being a problem. Maybe that
 should wait until we do something to connect your .org account with your
 personal site for metrics? (I know, I said a dirty word)

 Also as with all scroll-till-end-of-time, I can crash my iPad browser if I
 keep scrolling down.

 No mobile's kind of a killer here, though. Tablets don't look great with
 this, and a phone worse.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37661#comment:115>