[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38490: Add settings to the `/wp/v2/settings` endpoint that are in the WordPress.com api

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 3 18:54:11 UTC 2016

#38490: Add settings to the `/wp/v2/settings` endpoint that are in the
WordPress.com api
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  joehoyle                     |       Owner:  joehoyle
     Type:  task (blessed)               |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by joehoyle):

 @jnylen0 to mark the settings as read-only you could hook into
 `register_setting_args` and set the schema's `readonly` property to true.
 This would be the same we we indicate all other read-only fields in the
 API.

 To better support `readonly` functionality in the settings endpoint, we
 could allow:

 {{{#!php
 <?php
 register_setting( 'some_group', 'my_read_only_test', array(
         'show_in_rest' => array(
                 'type'     => 'string',
                 'schema'   => array(
                         'readonly' => true,
                 ),
         ),
 ));
 }}}

 Right now, you can do that and read-only will show in the Schema, however
 the settings controller won't respect it it's self.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38490#comment:17>