[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38439: Should we commit to `wp/v2/taxonomies/post_tag` or switch to `wp/v2/taxonomies/tag` ?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 2 18:08:06 UTC 2016

#38439: Should we commit to `wp/v2/taxonomies/post_tag` or switch to
`wp/v2/taxonomies/tag` ?
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber                      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |  rachelbaker

Comment (by danielbachhuber):

 I'm -1 on using `rest_base` as the slug for taxonomy or post type
 entities. The original intent of `rest_base` was to use it as the 'base'
 for routes, not as an identifier for the resource.

 I'm still +1 on changing `post_tag` to `tag`, because I think `post_tag`
 is an anachronism we can move beyond.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38439#comment:13>