[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38490: Add settings to the `/wp/v2/settings` endpoint that are in the WordPress.com api

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 2 07:36:04 UTC 2016

#38490: Add settings to the `/wp/v2/settings` endpoint that are in the
WordPress.com api
-----------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  joehoyle                     |       Owner:  joehoyle
     Type:  task (blessed)               |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by jnylen0):

 My use-case for read-only settings is WordPress.com where we need to
 prevent users from changing the `url` and `email` settings.  It also
 doesn't seem right to remove them from the settings endpoint response.

 Right now we're using filters to prevent updating these settings, so it
 just doesn't work and it's not really obvious why.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38490#comment:16>