[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match wp-admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 1 02:37:51 UTC 2016

#29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match
wp-admin
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:  helen
     Type:  task (blessed)                       |      Status:  reviewing
  patch needs-testing                            |  accessibility

Comment (by folletto):

 The approach above implied we had a "better" first element to focus,
 otherwise the user gets the highly evident option on back, breaking a bit
 the balance of the whole UI. I was asking if possible to select an element
 "off" page (ideal from the perspective of UI perception, not sure it's
 ideal from an accessibility perspective), or the first element of the
 list, instead of back (a compromise, still fairly blunt perception wise).

 So if we can find a better first item other than back/close, would be
 better. If not, I guess we have no other choice, so we can just go for
 that.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29158#comment:113>