[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38365: Selecting another theme feature filter requires to wait until a previous request has finished

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 1 02:24:49 UTC 2016

#38365: Selecting another theme feature filter requires to wait until a previous
request has finished
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ocean90                  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by folletto):

 I think I'm missing something here: why are we discussing about delays and
 apply buttons?

 The issue above is that any filter request done while the `admin-ajax.php`
 is running gets ignored. That's a bug, and has to be fixed.

 The simple fix is to just queue requests. Debounce is a queue with an
 additional delay to avoid quick bursts of multipl calls, but it's still a
 queue (well, it should, I'm aware that implementations can differ here),
 as such, will still solve the issue on multiple calls.

 I'd note that this fix is still very relevant even if we chose to roll
 back having an Apply button (which I think we shoulnd't), because it would
 also handle multiple "Apply" triggers that happen if the API call is still
 happening.

 Can we implement a proper debounced queue so all the calls are handled
 properly?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38365#comment:9>