[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36893: Columns filter from taxonomy edit screen (edit-tags.php) gets applied in term edit screen (term.php)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 30 03:49:12 UTC 2016

#36893: Columns filter from taxonomy edit screen (edit-tags.php) gets applied in
term edit screen (term.php)
 Reporter:  szaqal21      |       Owner:
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * focuses:   => administration
 * version:   => 4.5

Comment:

 > adding custom columns in edit-terms.php screen forces Screen options to
 show in term.php.

 Hi @szaqal21 - This is happening because `edit-tags.php` and `term.php`
 have the same screen ID. When you add columns to the screen (in this case,
 `edit-category`, or whatever the taxonomy is), they're displayed on both
 of these pages.

 The behavior appears to date from [36874]. See #34988.

 I don't think it's intended behavior. Screen Options shouldn't show up if
 the only thing it's going to show is checkboxes for a list table that
 doesn't exist. I don't know whether the right solution is to give
 `term.php` a different screen ID, or to do some sort of trick on
 `term.php` to ignore or unset any custom columns added via filters like
 `manage_edit-category_columns`. @swissspidy - what do you think?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36893#comment:1>