[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34391: Harden panel/section UI code by removing contents from being logically nested (read: goodbye margin-top hacks)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 19 09:12:32 UTC 2016

#34391: Harden panel/section UI code by removing contents from being logically
nested (read: goodbye margin-top hacks)
 Reporter:  westonruter              |       Owner:  delawski
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned
  needs-dev-note                     |  javascript

Comment (by delawski):

 @celloexpressions - thank you for having a look at the patch!

 I was able to replicate the issue with custom 'Add menu' section. I've
 attached a screenshot of what I got. Is it the same bug as you noticed? I
 have worked and tested nav menus some time ago and they were okay back
 then. I must have introduced this bug in my most recent updates. I will
 fix the issue hopefully on by the end of the week.

 I don't think custom sections like this one are going to need additional
 changes, but we should probably chat more about it so that we're on the
 same page. I'd really like the patch to be released in 4.6 and still
 hoping for.

 I cannot replicate the sortable issue. I haven't got such error throughout
 development and don't get it now as well. I will test my patch on some
 remote server and check if the issue occurs there. If you could provide
 more details, it would be really helpful.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34391#comment:25>