[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36859: Patch to allow the current locale to be changed on the fly including fetching missing language files

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 17 11:35:45 UTC 2016

#36859: Patch to allow the current locale to be changed on the fly including
fetching missing language files
--------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  pbearne                   |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  closed
Changes (by ocean90):

 * keywords:  has-patch dev-feedback has-unit-tests => has-patch has-unit-
     tests
 * status:  new => closed
 * version:  trunk =>
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Hello @pbearne, thanks for your patch.

 Putting `wp_download_language_pack()` into `WP_Locale` is interesting but
 that doesn't work pretty well. It doesn't work if `DISALLOW_FILE_MODS` is
 set or a download fails. Doing an external HTTP request for a locale
 switch isn't really performant either.

 I'm going to close this ticket as a wontfix but you should definitely take
 a look at #35585 and #26511.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36859#comment:3>