[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36844: Restrict upload MIME types for Customizer image controls to image MIME types

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun May 15 12:26:06 UTC 2016

#36844: Restrict upload MIME types for Customizer image controls to image MIME
types
 Reporter:  neverything   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media         |    Version:  3.4
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 When using the Theme Customizer to upload an image in a image control, it
 doesn't restrict the file types that can be uploaded. For example, I can
 upload a video file or a pdf file, the file will be uploaded and inserted
 into the Media Library, then the Customizer will try to treat it like an
 image.

 I think the best way around this would be to restrict uploads in the
 Customizer to images only.

 There was a fix before Customizer controls in 3.5, ticket #22149

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/4FuRQSKxtf.png)]]