[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36239: wp-embed image size is using the smallest image or it sometimes uses the one for featured images

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat May 14 20:26:20 UTC 2016

#36239: wp-embed image size is using the smallest image or it sometimes uses the
one for featured images
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  carasmo            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by carasmo):

 I fixed this with the filter 'embed_thumbnail_image_size'. If I recall, I
 was keeping the image sizes generated by media to very teeny and using
 them as the img src and and a larger version was used as a data-src. My
 dimensions for the small version were the same ratio as the large versions
 shown. However, even though my case is unique, many people have blurry
 images since their image size for the ratio is sometimes smaller. I don't
 think many will discover this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36239#comment:3>