[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32683: Custom Menu widget should include a shortcut to load selected menu inside the customiser

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 13 04:58:25 UTC 2016

#32683: Custom Menu widget should include a shortcut to load selected menu inside
the customiser
------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  paulwilde         |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  feature request   |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by westonruter):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch commit

Comment:

 @celloexpressions I did another pass in [attachment:32683.3.diff]. I
 removed the additional `control` arg being passed to the `widget-added`
 here because this is the same event that is being used on the widgets
 admin page, and there the arg wouldn't be available. I think adding it
 does make sense, but I think we should do that in another ticket to
 consider any implications to JS written specifically for the widgets admin
 page.

 Also, I moved `focusConstructAndReturnToControlWhenCollapsed` into private
 scope and renamed to `focusConstructWithBreadcrumb`. Since this is the
 only instance of us needing this functionality so far, and because the
 name is unwieldily, I decided to make it private for now. We can make it
 public in another ticket once we have a second use case and can agree on a
 better API for it (I just came up with that verbose name for illustration
 purposes).

 I'll commit this unless you have any further feedback.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32683#comment:10>