[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36755: Native oEmbed support on Custom Post Types produces Cross-site scripting errors or are not rendered at all.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 4 20:56:43 UTC 2016

#36755: Native oEmbed support on Custom Post Types produces Cross-site scripting
errors or are not rendered at all.
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  webdevmattcrom     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |     Status:  new
Component:  Posts, Post Types  |    Version:  4.5.1
 Severity:  normal             |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                     |
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 STEPS TO REPRODUCE
 * Do a fresh install of WordPress 4.4+ or 4.5+
 * Use any Core theme
 * Create a Custom Post Type (sample code below)
 * Create a post with that Post Type
 * Try to embed that post on a page/post

 Results have varied. For some it won't render as an oEmbed at all. For
 some there are cross-site scripting errors. I have gotten it to render
 correctly locally, but not on a live site.

 I've also made sure to manually clear the _oembed cache in wp_postmeta
 when testing.