[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36343: Taxonomy query matching specified term or NOT EXISTS does not return expected result

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Mar 26 17:40:34 UTC 2016

#36343: Taxonomy query matching specified term or NOT EXISTS does not return
expected result
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  crstauf            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by crstauf):

 Replying to [comment:2 crstauf]:
 > Replying to [comment:1 swissspidy]:
 > > I just wrote small test in [attachment:36343.diff] to replicate this
 and I cannot see any unexpected behaviour (i.e. the test passes). When you
 look at the test, what kind of result would expect?

 > Indeed, it seems you are correct. I am attempting to determine the
 difference between your test case and my case.

 I'm at a loss...

 Take a look (this is on the install where I first discovered the issue):
 https://cloudup.com/cBLNqU5N7zQ (the parenthesis at the top is the dump of
 the custom WP_Query $posts)
 https://cloudup.com/cWfZ5nRaRPw (file in mu-plugins)

 - returned: 20, 24
 - expected (correct behavior): 20 (Post 1), 24 (Post 3), and 27 (Post 4).

 Now this, on an install setup 10 minutes ago:
 https://cloudup.com/c2HeJ1e5I_w
 (same file in mu-plugins used)

 - returned: 1, 4, 8, 10
 - expected (given persistence of bug; incorrect behavior): 1 (Hello
 World), 4 (Post 1), 8 (Post 3)

 The only thing I can figure is that there's something messy in the
 database, as both sites are running multisite, all plugins are (network)
 deactivated (other than the one running the test in wp-content/mu-
 plugins), and Twenty Fifteen activated.

 Would something hinky in the database still qualify this as a bug?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36343#comment:3>