[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21602: redirect_canonical can lead to infinite loop on index navigation if site url is not all lower case

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 17 23:22:33 UTC 2016

#21602: redirect_canonical can lead to infinite loop on index navigation if site
url is not all lower case
----------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  sreedoap                    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by aaroncampbell):

 Okay, so I spent a good chunk of time going over this one. It seems to me
 that we either need to flesh out the `$compare_redirect` and
 `$compare_original` variables quite a bit and use them for all
 comparisons, or we need to make `$redirect_url` and `$requested_url` into
 something that we can compare (in this case with lowercase host names).

 I'm with Dion on this. It doesn't seem like it makes sense to flesh out
 the compare variables, since what we really care about are the actual
 urls. I ran a bunch of tests, and [attachment:21602.2.diff] works really
 well for me. I'm in favor of moving forward with that one.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21602#comment:27>