[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35932: Square brackets for shortcodes can't be entered with default Czech, Slovak and maybe other keyboards

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 15 17:17:28 UTC 2016

#35932: Square brackets for shortcodes can't be entered with default Czech, Slovak
and maybe other keyboards
 Reporter:  thomask      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  reopened
  (bug)                  |   Milestone:

Comment (by thomask):

 sorry, i didn't mean to be harsh, it was just a sigh over my last 12 years
 experience with WordPress, the only popular CMS that completely ignore
 multilanguage/multinational website needs (i hope that at least in 2016 we
 will finaly get official way how to make websites in more that one
 language, without dirty hacks and overcomplex plugins)

 I have posted the issue to tinymce github
 (https://github.com/tinymce/tinymce/issues/2781) and once again thank you
 for the code for removing the shortcut, i will publicise it within
 czech/slovak wordpress comunity where i am active member.

 Close it again as wontfix, if there is no better way how to solve it in
 core.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35932#comment:11>