[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28634: Upload images. does not clear Thumbnails metadata (+30kb from camera for each thumbnails)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 9 04:47:50 UTC 2016

#28634: Upload images. does not clear Thumbnails metadata (+30kb from camera for
each thumbnails)
 Reporter:  alexufo       |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by joemcgill):

 * milestone:  4.5 => Future Release

Comment:

 Following r36891: we're being very conservative in which profiles we're
 stripping in 4.4.  I'm going to leave this open so we can look into
 allowing people to strip more data in a future release. If we do end up
 stripping everything from resized images, I think we should allow people
 to filter specific profiles that they want to hold onto without needing to
 create their own editor.

 The biggest filesize savings will probably come from stripping Exif
 profiles, which we could make the default if we can first handle
 orientation data (see #33051).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28634#comment:55>