[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28634: Upload images. does not clear Thumbnails metadata (+30kb from camera for each thumbnails)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Mar 6 18:45:11 UTC 2016

#28634: Upload images. does not clear Thumbnails metadata (+30kb from camera for
each thumbnails)
--------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  alexufo       |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by markoheijnen):

 That is already the case with your patch. It's always dumping all the Exif
 data or non at all. You only store the profile data and not the property
 data.

 My second concern can only be fixed in the way we do quality now. Having
 the 'image_strip_meta' set a protected(maybe public) property in `load()`.
 Non of the methods can know the size except `multi_resize()`. This way you
 can set the property to the right on in `multi_resize()`.

 Personally I would add two new methods: `get_profiles()` and
 `get_exif_data()`. Those method internally caching the data into
 properties when requested.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28634#comment:49>