[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32358: Add unminified jQuery to core for better debugging with SCRIPT_DEBUG enabled

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 3 10:43:52 UTC 2016

#32358: Add unminified jQuery to core for better debugging with SCRIPT_DEBUG
enabled
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  CrazyJaco                           |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request                     |      Status:  assigned
                                                |     Focuses:
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
Changes (by swissspidy):

 * keywords:  has-patch ongoing needs-refresh => has-patch ongoing needs-
     unit-tests

Comment:

 Now that `wp_add_inline_script()` is available (see #14853), the
 `jQuery.noConflict();` part is easy to solve.

 I think we can easily add the non-minified file in `/src` and only ship
 the minified file in `/build`. That way file size is not a big deal.
 Sounds like a good compromise?

 Of course some tests would need to be added and some altered.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32358#comment:22>