[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36058: PHP notices and invalid "View Post" link on edit-comments.php when post type does not exist

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 3 06:16:56 UTC 2016

#36058: PHP notices and invalid "View Post" link on edit-comments.php when post
type does not exist
 Reporter:  boonebgorges  |       Owner:

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 Replying to [comment:2 SergeyBiryukov]:
 > Is it different from #34918? :) Previously: #16956.

 Yeah - #34918 and #16956 are about cap checks specifically, which, in
 addition to PHP notices and the like, can lead to privilege escalation in
 certain cases.

 The current ticket is about whether various bits of the comment UX should
 be linked to the post permalink, when the post permalink can necessarily
 never be visited.

 If we decide, as per #34918, that comments from non-existent post types
 should never be shown anywhere, then it will solve the current problem :)
 But if we decide to keep the rows, then we should fix/remove the links.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36058#comment:3>