[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37013: Minor Fixes: "Toggle indicator" in pages have focus color while the same in widgets/menus have none.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jun 26 10:58:49 UTC 2016

#37013: Minor Fixes: "Toggle indicator" in pages have focus color while the same in
widgets/menus have none.
--------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  monikarao                 |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new
Changes (by xavortm):

 * keywords:  needs-patch good-first-bug => good-first-bug has-patch

Comment:

 Attached a patch where the markup and styling from the "Edit post"
 .postbox was used to replicate the mentioned effect on :focus. Some
 duplicate of stylings is happening between common.js and widgets.css file
 with different selectors, but in order to keep the different type of
 elements in their own designated files seemed like the proper way to go.

 I tested for the Appearance->Widget page elements only for now.

 That aside some opinion - I think the markup is needlessly different
 between visually similar elements. If we can reuse classes on most of the
 components this type of duplication won't be needed. Feedback?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37013#comment:4>