[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37471: Customizer: Widgets: If your theme only has one widget area, we should open it automatically

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jul 30 06:08:21 UTC 2016

#37471: Customizer: Widgets: If your theme only has one widget area, we should open
it automatically
-----------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  melchoyce                    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                  |      Status:  new
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch has-screenshots
 * version:   => 4.0

Comment:

 +1

 I like the idea of automatically expanding the section within a panel if
 there's only one section, since having to click through an extra layer of
 hierarchy is never good UX. We should make sure that the panel is
 collapsed when the section is collapsed as well. Both checks should be
 able to happen on the `onChangeExpanded` functions for panels and
 sections.

 This would cause the panel description to be inaccessible, but I'm okay
 with that for a number of reasons. This change would also help discourage
 incorrect usage of panels containing only one section and would be handy
 when panels with active callbacks on the sections result in only one
 section being visible.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37471#comment:3>