[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37497: Permalink does not contain https and this causes HTTP Error 301 on all feeds

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 28 11:59:44 UTC 2016

feeds
 Reporter:  peprdotcom    |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Permalinks    |    Version:  4.5.3
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 We could not get Bloglovin to work with the feed
 https://www.agreencoconut.nl/feed. It turned out that while the whole blog
 was using https and also in the settings, content inside the feed wasn't .
 We found this by checking the feed validity:
 http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.agreencoconut.nl%2Ffeed%2F
 Result: Server returned HTTP Error 301: The HTTP server returned a
 redirect error that would lead to an infinite loop. The last 30x error
 message was: Moved Permanently

 When looking at the feed we immediately found that all links where not
 using https:

 {{{
 <channel>
         <title>A Green Coconut</title>
         <atom:link href="http://www.agreencoconut.nl/feed" rel="self"
 type="application/rss+xml" />
         <link>https://www.agreencoconut.nl</link>
         <description>Pura Vida</description>
         <lastBuildDate>Sat, 23 Jul 2016 01:22:50 +0000</lastBuildDate>
         <language>nl</language>
         <sy:updatePeriod>hourly</sy:updatePeriod>
         <sy:updateFrequency>1</sy:updateFrequency>
         <generator>https://wordpress.org/?v=4.5.3</generator>
         <item>
                 <title>Nooit meer haast</title>
                 <link>http://www.agreencoconut.nl/reizen/nooit-meer-
 haast</link>
                 <comments>http://www.agreencoconut.nl/reizen/nooit-meer-
 haast#respond</comments>
 }}}

 WordPress-adres (URL): https://www.agreencoconut.nl/wp2
 Siteadres (URL): https://www.agreencoconut.nl

 We tried to fix this with "WordPress HTTPS" plug-in but no results.

 It turns out that several parts of the feed contain errors. The atom:link,
 item link, guid link.

 What can we do to fix this? It appears that some parts work but most
 don't. Help is appreciated.