[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36934: Use of get_the_excerpt($post) is broken if post has no excerpt and you are inside a loop

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 7 20:44:35 UTC 2016

#36934: Use of get_the_excerpt($post) is broken if post has no excerpt and you are
inside a loop
 Reporter:  magicroundabout                      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  tests                                          |

Comment (by magicroundabout):

 Thanks @swissspidy and @achbed for your input. I totally get what you're
 saying. Let's do this properly in 4.7. I like the idea of having
 `get_the_content( $post )` working properly too.

 @achbed, I'd missed your workaround. That's neat. Well, it's a hack. But
 you know what I mean. Thanks!

 You guys have a broader view of the WP codebase and potential other issues
 than I, so I'm going to leave it in your hands. Feel free to pull me in
 for help or testing if you need it. I'll keep a watch on the ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36934#comment:18>