[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30575: Twenty Fourteen: Submenu items on dropdown menus nearly impossible to select on some Android mobile tablets

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 7 15:08:38 UTC 2016

#30575: Twenty Fourteen: Submenu items on dropdown menus nearly impossible to
select on some Android mobile tablets
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  zoonini                  |       Owner:  davidakennedy
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by davidakennedy):

 Hey @rdd,

 Your patch is a solid start. Thanks for working on it! Here's some
 feedback:

 * It works well for the most part, and I don't see many side effects.
 * I'd probably replace the `$('body')` selector with `$( document.body )`.
 No real performance gain there, but it makes it consistent with the same
 bit of code in Twenty Sixteen. That means it may be easier to understand
 and maintain in the future. We won't wonder, "Hey, why is this different
 here and here when they do the same thing?"
 * Lastly, the side effect I noticed, as @agkozak did, is that you have to
 double tap in a parent menu link when the dropdowns aren't even used on
 smaller screen sizes. For Twenty Fourteen, that's below 783px. So I think
 we should do something similar to how Twenty Sixteen does it, and have the
 function only fire when it needs to, on larger screen sizes, and make sure
 it fires if a user resizes, on a resize event.

 Does this help you be able to refine the patch?

 Thanks again!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30575#comment:9>