[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31751: Using PgDn and PgUp keyboard keys in the editor scrolls both post edit box and the whole viewport

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 17 21:29:36 UTC 2016

#31751: Using PgDn and PgUp keyboard keys in the editor scrolls both post edit box
and the whole viewport
--------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  archon810     |       Owner:

Comment (by adamsilverstein):

 @archon810 - thanks for the bug report.

 I agree this is very annoying; however,  I'm not sure if this is a bug, or
 expected browser behavior.

 Everywhere I checked in other text fields or even full screen editors like
 google docs, hitting page down was applied at the window level and my page
 scrolled if possible. I'm worried trying to fix this here will involve
 some fragile JS and the result may not be what users expect.

 Related: #27770

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31751#comment:7>