[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35257: Update button not completely disabled after plugin update on plugin-install.php screen

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 12 14:28:45 UTC 2016

#35257: Update button not completely disabled after plugin update on plugin-
install.php screen
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  adamsilverstein  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by afercia):

 Just realized the button should do nothing also while the update is in
 progress. Clicking multiple times while updating can lead to simiilar
 inconsistent button states :) Adding the `aria-button-if-js` class would
 make the link be announced as "button" by screen readers, see the
 screenshot below:

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/Zwiz8O-sha.png)]]

 When navigating away from the button and then back, screen readers will
 still say "button" and that the plugin is updated. Not ideal but maybe
 acceptable since the button will do nothing.

 While this would be an improvement, I think shiny updates should have a
 better structured error handling mechanism. For example, what users are
 supposed to do when an update fails? There's no chance to "retry". The
 only way to interact again with the UI is to refresh the page, unless I'm
 missing something.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35257#comment:6>