[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35407: set_url_scheme() called inconsistently on URLs passed to `preview_post_link` filter

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 11 19:44:04 UTC 2016

#35407: set_url_scheme() called inconsistently on URLs passed to
`preview_post_link` filter
-------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber    |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |     Status:  new
Component:  Posts, Post Types  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal             |   Keywords:  has-patch
  Focuses:                     |
-------------------------------+-----------------------
 It'd expect it to be consistently applied to URLs passed to
 `preview_post_link`, instead of applied in some cases and not applied in
 other cases.

 In WordPress 4.4, `get_preview_post_link()` was introduced with an
 optional third argument `$preview_link`. In the cases where the
 `$preview_link` is supplied in the codebase, the permalink is primed with
 `set_url_scheme()`. However, internally, `get_preview_post_link()` defines
 the preview link without running it through `set_url_scheme()`.

 Pragmatically, it appears only `edit-form-advanced.php` is affected by
 this issue.

 I discovered this issue while debugging a site where the admin is served
 over SSL with a different domain. However, I don't feel wholly confident
 in how WordPress generates URLs in this scenario.