[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21602: redirect_canonical can lead to infinite loop on index navigation if site url is not all lower case

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 9 12:21:08 UTC 2016

#21602: redirect_canonical can lead to infinite loop on index navigation if site
url is not all lower case
--------------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  sreedoap                        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by rmens):

 Replying to [comment:14 dd32]:
 > Another option which we have, is to force the hostname in `home` and
 `site_url` being lower-case, which makes a lot of sense to me.
 Capitalizing the domain adds no benefit, as hostnames are inherently
 lower-case and most browsers treat them as such.

 +1 for this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21602#comment:15>