[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35335: Pass data consistently between plugin, network plugin, and network theme screens.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 6 22:27:31 UTC 2016

#35335: Pass data consistently between plugin, network plugin, and network theme
screens.
----------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  obenland        |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |    Version:  4.2
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:  shiny-updates
  Focuses:                  |
 Working on Shiny Updates v2, I realized how fragmented the list table
 classes are that are used in the plugin, network plugin, and network theme
 screens.

 To make it easier for Shiny Updates and other plugins to enhance these
 screens, and to remove the possibility for duplicate ID attributes, I'd
 like to remove ids with plugin/theme slugs and take advantage of data
 attributes to pass that information. This may overlap slightly with
 #18974, but goes beyond it on the themes side.