[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35328: In Customizer the Nav Menu Item saves to fail to return the expected response

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 6 17:52:36 UTC 2016

#35328: In Customizer the Nav Menu Item saves to fail to return the expected
response
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  sarahpressler      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by westonruter):

 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback

Comment:

 I can't reproduce the issue on in install without any plugins active.
 However, I was able to reproduce this issue on a site that had the
 Customize Posts plugin installed. The plugin had an old shim that
 implemented the `customize_save_response` filter (with a different name)
 before it was added to Core in 4.2, and it caused menus in the Customizer
 to fail to communicate back the IDs for inserted nav menus, resulting in
 the behavior described in this ticket. Fixed issue with that plugin in
 https://github.com/xwp/wp-customize-
 posts/commit/2ef19532f8c5800bcd6ebf771e7336d0dc296e0e

 Likewise, if a plugin erroneously overrides the `customize_save_response`
 with a filter like:

 {{{#!php
 <?php
 add_filter( 'customize_save_response', function() {
     return array( 'foo' => 'bar' );
 } );
 }}}

 Then this same behavior would be experienced. Instead plugins should
 extend the existing `$response` array like:

 {{{#!php
 <?php
 add_filter( 'customize_save_response', function( $response ) {
     return array_merge( $response, array( 'foo' => 'bar' ) );
 } );
 }}}

 Please send me a ZIP of the plugins activated on the site so that I can
 test.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35328#comment:1>