[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35994: Avoid using HTML tags in translation strings (wp-includes/ms-default-constants.php)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 29 01:43:45 UTC 2016

#35994: Avoid using HTML tags in translation strings (wp-includes/ms-default-
constants.php)
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ramiy           |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  I18N            |    Version:
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration  |
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 One more translation string with `<code>` HTML tags.

 Old String:

 boolean constant <code>SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL</code> in wp-config.php to enable
 a subdomain configuration. Use is_subdomain_install() to check whether a
 subdomain configuration is enabled.`

 New String:

 * `The constant %1$s <strong>is deprecated</strong>. Use the boolean
 constant %2$s in %3$s to enable a subdomain configuration. Use %4$s to
 check whether a subdomain configuration is enabled.`

 Changes:

 * %1$s = `<code>VHOST</code>`
 * %2$s = `<code>SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL</code>`
 * %3$s = `wp-config.php`
 * %4$s = `is_subdomain_install()`

 I added code tags to the last the placeholders. And also I added
 translators comments.

 See the attached patch.