[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35803: Introduce rest_get_request_from_url() for getting a WP_REST_Request object from a provided URL

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 11 21:56:15 UTC 2016

#35803: Introduce rest_get_request_from_url() for getting a WP_REST_Request object
from a provided URL
 Reporter:               |      Owner:
  danielbachhuber        |     Status:  new
     Type:  enhancement  |  Milestone:  4.5
Component:  REST API     |   Keywords:  has-patch has-unit-tests dev-
 Severity:  normal       |  feedback
  Focuses:               |
 `rest_get_request_from_url()` makes it easier to get a `WP_REST_Request`
 object from a provided URL. Because `_links` are the full URL, and not
 just the route, we should have a mechanism for resolving these URLs to
 `WP_REST_Request` objects.

 As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure `WP_REST_Server::embed_links()`
 doesn't work right now when pretty permalinks are disabled.

 Originally https://github.com/WP-API/WP-API/issues/2109