[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35797: delete_metadata should only delete metadata entries with the value specified in $meta_value arg

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 11 11:57:52 UTC 2016

#35797: delete_metadata should only delete metadata entries with the value
specified in $meta_value arg
 Reporter:  rahal.aboulfeth                      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |     Status:  new
Component:  Options, Meta APIs                   |  Review
 Severity:  normal                               |    Version:  trunk
  Focuses:  administration, multisite,           |   Keywords:
  performance                                    |
 In some cases ( huge database ) , wp_delete_attachment caused a Fatal
 error related to available memory.

 The investigation led me to delete_metadata and more precisely to this
 line :
 {{{#!php
 <?php
 $object_ids = $wpdb->get_col( $wpdb->prepare( "SELECT $type_column FROM
 $table WHERE meta_key = %s", $meta_key ) );
 }}}

 Which as you see, tries to get all the post that have a meta_key.. ( in my
 case, it was the thumbnail ) , theses posts were extracted to allow
 flushing their meta cache.