[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35708: Add New Post page: creation confirmation message is shown when post was not created

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 10 16:16:22 UTC 2016

#35708: Add New Post page: creation confirmation message is shown when post was not
created
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  antonrinas         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by EFAREM):

 I think it kinda makes sense, it saves with status auto-draft in the
 database and switches to post.php plus the URL includes the created post
 ID.

 I guess it's a little annoying that it doesn't appear in the posts table
 due to being an auto-draft and if you continually clicked save without any
 info, navigated away and repeated again and again you'd end up with lots
 of redundant database lines. The real question is how often will people
 click save without entering anything anyway?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35708#comment:1>