[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35758: Reading Settings fallback option when none is selected at Front page displays

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 6 15:40:00 UTC 2016

#35758: Reading Settings fallback option when none is selected at Front page
displays
 Reporter:  Cybr          |       Owner:
Changes (by Cybr):

 * keywords:  reporter-feedback =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:1 swissspidy]:
 > Can you tell us which values were exactly saved to the database after
 you deleted the option using the dev tools?

 {{{
 var_dump( get_option( 'show_on_front' ) ); // string(0) ""
 }}}

 > Seems like an unusual use case, as a regular user probably won't ever do
 such a thing, but perhaps we can improve handling of such cases.
 That's right! But I did handle a support question (through Facebook)
 regarding this situation, and I just had to test it out. The user normally
 writes in RTL, and uses Google Chrome. So that might be something.

 It looks like this already has been handled in some way, but it fails to
 do anything in this scenario, I assume because of line 65 with all the
 `&&` cases, at least one of them holds `false`.
 https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/master/wp-admin/options-
 reading.php#L56-L67

 I hope this helps!

--