[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35709: Front end: created post with empty title is shown with number instead of title

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 3 22:35:35 UTC 2016

#35709: Front end: created post with empty title is shown with number instead of
title
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  antonrinas         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by adamsilverstein):

 @antonrinas thanks for the bug report.

 I don't understand your expected result //Post is shown in "Recent posts"
 without title.// - since the recent widget is displaying titles as a list,
 wouldn't this be a blank list item? Users need to click whatever shows to
 find the post, I don't think a 'blank' link makes sense!

 Showing the post id //is// confusing, perhaps we could instead show some
 placeholder text such as '(no title)' which we currently show on the post
 list page when a post has a blank title? What do you think?

 [[Image(http://cl.ly/1M070R343u02/Posts__test__WordPress_2016-02-03_22-33-26.jpg)]]

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35709#comment:1>