[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39291: Twenty Seventeen does not allow header logo to be normal size, and header scrolls off at desktop viewport

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 15 06:04:39 UTC 2016

#39291: Twenty Seventeen does not allow header logo to be normal size, and header
scrolls off at desktop viewport
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  moneytech        |      Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  Themes           |    Version:  4.7
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 I tried to customize this theme, so that the site-branding with its Site
 Identity logo would be stationary, as the navigation-top is, at the
 desktop viewport size.  The logo is also reduced drastically in size,
 rather than having its dimensions left intact.  Although, it's pointless
 to have a site title and tagline and a nice, regular-sized logo, if it
 scrolls off the screen, while the menu stays there upon scrolling down.
 Also, at the mobile viewport size, the site branding AND the menu icon are
 not using "fixed", but are relative, so they scroll off the screen when
 focus is moved down.  I would not call this a defect, but it IS something
 that a lot of business site developers like to have, so that the site's
 identity, logo, and menu are always there for the visitor, at ALL
 viewports.  This should be an option, not necessarily the default.  I like
 everything else about this new theme, though